Update: January 7, 2021 (12:40 AM ET): OnePlus has now pushed out another update to the OnePlus 8T, but itâ€™s virtually identical to the previous Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 update. The new update, dubbed Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 (or Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 in Europe), only differs from the previous one by fixing a bug that caused the media player to pause â€œabnormally.â€� Check out the changelog below.
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Fixed the issue that the media player may pause abnormally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos donâ€™t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
OnePlus Store (â€”IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
You can check for the update by heading toÂ Settings > System > System Updates. You can also use Oxygen Updater if that doesnâ€™t work.
Original article: October 30, 2020 (8:35 AM ET): Welcome to the OnePlus 8T updates hub. Here, youâ€™ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the device, including past and future software versions.
Like its siblings, the OnePlus 8T runs on Oxygen OS, OnePlusâ€™ homebaked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
Better than the OnePlus 8, but still not as good as the OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8T get Android 12? October 2021 (estimated)
The OnePlus 8T launched on October 14, 2020, with Android 11 out-of-the-box. Like the OnePlus 8 series, we expect at least two major Android updates in the future â€” Android 12 in 2021, and Android 13 following in 2022.
OnePlus pushed the OnePlus 8Tâ€™s first update on October 19. Version 188.8.131.52 improved the phoneâ€™s power consumption and network connectivity. It also brought camera tweaks to the Nightscape video mode and further white balance adjustments. For customizers, the Canvas style was added to AOD options. There was also a controversial addition. The Amazon Shopping app was bundled with the update in India prompting an outcry from users. Thankfully, the app can be uninstalled relatively easily.
On October 30, 2020, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 for the OnePlus 8T. It brought improvements to the phoneâ€™s power consumption. It also addressed Bluetooth latency, fixed a Gallery issue, and tackled a desktop icon problem.
On November 5, OnePlus released the Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 build for the OnePlus 8T. It included optimizations to power consumption, improvements to camera quality and stability, and a bunch of bug fixes.
In mid-November, OnePlus rolled out a hot-fix Oxygen OS update for the OnePlus 8T in India, EU, and the US. The update contained a number of optimizations for things like call stability, camera, power consumption, the alert slider, gaming, and more. It also carried several bug fixes. You can read the complete changelog here.
On November 21, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 for the OnePlus 8T. The update consisted of a bunch of improvements, including better fingerprint recognition and imaging quality. OnePlus said power consumption optimizations in the update also increase the battery life of the phone. In addition, the update fixed an app cache bug and a screen flash issue. Overall system performance and stability also got a boost. You can read the complete changelog here.
OnePlus launched the Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 update to unlocked devices around the world in late December. The biggest change with this update is the introduction of a new feature that allows you to adjust the keyboard height. This should help people have a better typing experience since they can adjust the keyboard to fit their unique needs and preferences. This update also delivered improved Nightscape image quality, improved gestures, better fingerprint unlock, and the November 2020 patch.
Let us know which OnePlus 8T update youâ€™re rocking in the comments, and if youâ€™ve spotted a recent update weâ€™ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update trackerÂ at the link.