Fitbit, like most modern services, offers a premium option. This allows you to get even more out of your smartwatch or fitness tracker, through various helpful features. You can benefit from personalized insights, dynamic workouts and much more. But what if you find that you donâ€™t need these extra features? Check out the rest of our article below where we will give you a step by step guide on how to cancel Fitbit Premium.
What is Fitbit Premium?
Signing up to Fitbit Premium is fairly straightforward, and it can unlock a bunch of extra features that are not available with the free version of the service. You will be able to learn more about your fitness through personalized insights, along with advanced sleep tools as well. You can utilize dynamic workouts, and also take advantage of various other guided programs. However, these are not for everyone, and you may find that you donâ€™t need Fitbit Premium after all.
Get a free trial first
If you are reading this and are not yet subscribed, you should know that you can take advantage of Fitbit Premium for free for 90 days. This free trial is available to users on the Fitbit app. You can find out more about it here, and get your hands on your own 90-day free trial of Fitbit Premium. You should note that payment details will be required, so make sure to cancel before your trial ends if you want to avoid being charged.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on desktop
The way that you cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription will depend on the method that you used to sign up. You will only be able to cancel it using the same device that you used to sign up for the service. If you signed up on their desktop site, you can cancel Fitbit Premium in a few simple steps.
- Head to Fitbit.com and log in to your account
- Click on your name at the top right of the screen
- Go into settings
- Find the Subscriptions and Payments section
- Click edit and cancel your subscription
Another thing to note here is that if you are still in a free trial period, you will be unable to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription on the website. In this case, please refer to the instructions below to cancel it on the app.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on Android Devices
These instructions apply to Android Devices, and you can find out how to cancel on iOS devices below.
On a mobile device:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Hit the hamburger icon and choose the Google account that is subscribed to Fitbit Premium
- Tap Fitbit and open the Manage Subscription menu
- Select Cancel Subscription and then confirm
On a desktop:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Choose my subscriptions from the left hand side of the screen
- Locate the Fitbit app and then hit Manage
- Select Cancel Subscription and confirm
How to cancel on an iOS device
On an iPhone:
- Open your iPhone Settings app
- Go to your Apple ID
- Go into Subscriptions
- Choose Fitbit and then hit Cancel Subscription
On a Mac
- Go to the App Store
- Tap your profile from the bottom left hand corner or select Store and then View My Account from the bar at the top of the screen
- Under Manage click on the button next to Subscriptions
- Choose the Fitbit subscription and then hit cancel
How to cancel Fitbit on a Microsoft device
These instructions apply if you subscribed on a PC or even on an Xbox and want to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription.
- Go to Microsoft.com and sign in
- Choose Services & Subscriptions from the bar at the top of the screen
- Choose Fitbit and then click on the Manage button
- Select Cancel and then follow the instructions on screen to cancel your subscription