Google I/O 2020 would have taken place on May 12th, but it was cancelled. Despite that, it looks like Google is still pushing forward to release the Pixel 4a this month. It may not release on May 12th, but the leaks and rumors are flowing, so we expect to see the new phone fairly soon. Weâ€™ve got some new information in our Google Pixel 4a hub for you to check out. Better than that, weâ€™ve also seen some alleged leaked images taken by the new phone. If these Pixel 4a images are real, weâ€™re pretty excited.
The DJI Mavic Air 2 released this past week. More than just an iterative update, this is a true â€œMavic drone,â€� in design and function. It looks like a typical Mavic drone, and it folds down for transport in the same way. The upgrades are impressive as well. The Mavic Air 2 is the first DJI consumer drone rated for 10km, thatâ€™s 6.2 miles of range. Itâ€™s also equipped with a new 1/2-inch camera, similar to some newer phones with a 48MP sensor that bins down to fantastic 12MP images. Itâ€™ll start shipping soon starting at $799.
You told us: Some of you like to customize your phones, but the rest of you just use a default layout. That was an interesting poll.
(Weâ€™re a day early, but, May the 4th be with you!)
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Double edged swordÂ â€“ Motorola Edge Plus review: Not perfect, but on par
- Blink twice for yesÂ â€“ Should you switch to the Brave Web Browser?
- We went there â€“ Apple iPhone SE (2020) review: Old is new, again!
- Too expensive? â€“ New Samsung Galaxy S20 estimated sales numbers are really, really concerning
- The winner isâ€¦ â€“ OnePlus 8 Pro vs Huawei P40 Pro: The best of China
- Weâ€™ll trust you, but donâ€™t let us downÂ â€“ OLED kingpin Samsung could use Chinese OLED screens in Galaxy S30
- Where are the Android tablets?Â â€“ Apple iPad Pro (2020) review: Still the best tablet
- The world kind of stoppedÂ â€“ Global smartphone shipments are down big time, but there are two winners
- Donâ€™t break your phone â€“ Charging habits to maximize battery life
- MediaTek or Snapdragon? â€“ OnePlus Z might have a Snapdragon 5G chip after all
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly â€“ Google Pixel Buds, Runeterra and more apps hit the market this week.
From around the network
- No Drone Zone â€“ Drone Rush
- What to look for in gaming headsetsÂ â€“ SoundGuys
- Samsung Galaxy Buds vs Galaxy Buds PlusÂ â€“ SoundGuys
Deals of the week:
- Our pick for device deal of the week: Google Pixel Buds for 30% off
- Our AA TechDeals deal of the week: Smart robot vacuum for pets
- Bonus: 12 great Android games on sale
OnePlus 8 international giveaway â€“ small and mighty
Donâ€™t miss these videos
Thatâ€™s it, folks! Weâ€™ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.