- A Samsung press release confirms which devices will receive One UI 2.5, the latest release of Sammyâ€™s Android skin.
- On the list are the two 2018 flagships from the brand: the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9.
- This is a welcome surprise from the company and suggests more updates arenâ€™t out of the question.
Samsung launched One UI 2.5 in tandem with its latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 line. Today, it revealed that its other 2020 flagships â€” the Galaxy S20 series â€” will start seeing the update soon. However, it unexpectedly also confirmed that its 2018 flagships will get it at some point soon, too.
In an online press release going over the new features within One UI 2.5, you can see a list of all the devices slated to receive the update. Just scroll to the bottom and youâ€™ll see them all in fine print, and the Galaxy S9 and Note 9 are on there.
One UI 2.5 update: The full list
Here are the phones that Samsung says will receive the newest One UI update:
- Entire Galaxy S20 series
- Entire Galaxy Note 20 series
- All Galaxy S10 devices, including S10e and S10 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- All Galaxy Note 10 devices, including Note 10 Lite and 5G models
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- All Samsung Galaxy Fold models
Unfortunately, Samsung isnâ€™t promising to deliver the One UI 2.5 update to any other devices. That means there are no promises for anything in the Galaxy A or Galaxy M series of phones. However, itâ€™s likely One UI 2.5 will eventually make it to the high-end offerings in those lines â€” itâ€™s just that Samsung isnâ€™t committing to it for now.
Related:Â The best Samsung phones you can get
Of course, the big question now is whether or not Samsung will issue an update to Android 11 to its older models. We didnâ€™t expect the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy Note 9 to get Android 11 because of Samsungâ€™s two-year upgrade limit. However, with its new three-year policy in place, there is a slight possibility that it could retroactively affect its 2018 flagships. The possibility is there, however slight it might be.
For now, donâ€™t get your hopes up, but donâ€™t totally give up hope, either!